Friday, August 3, 2012

Forest Canopy - Ruth Andre


Today was a plein air painting day with friends, Julie Trail, Bruce Hancock and Howard Rees. We were at the Mokelumne River just 30 minutes from home. The river was gorgeous but I concentrated on the forest canopy and the beautiful greens and blues reflecting from the river's edge. We all had a lot of fun enjoying the rushing river, visiting and painting. It was, "A Painting Day".

"Forest Canopy" 6x6 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Blog
Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

4 comments:

shirley fachilla said...

I think this is my favorite of your treescapes. I use "think" because I really like so many of them. But the colors in this one are so unusual, so harmonious that I especially admire it.

Theresa Paden said...

This is such a beautiful painting. LOVE the colors.

Virginia Floyd said...

I love the richness and depth of this, Ruth. All dark among the trees, and beautiful light on the tops of the leaves. Beautiful!

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Shirley, Theresa and Virginia. I do appreciate your comments.