Saturday, June 10, 2017

Tall Grasses - Ruth Andre


"Tall Grasses"
8"x8"x1" Oil on Cradled Panel
by Ruth Andre
$500

The day is not complete without a walk up the hill behind our property. My dog, Sadie, and I walk the fence line, cross the creek and then up a steep hill passing beautiful pastures with views of the distance mountains. Today I noticed the grass was very high obscuring the pasture fence posts. With the record rainfall this winter came tall grass that needs to be mowed. The  grass cutting has been my husband's task and daily goal. From the looks of things he has more grass to conquer. As Sadie and I traveled up the hill I saw our neighbor's vineyard looks a lot like our fence row. We are all up to our necks, literally, in weeds. The painting today shows my interpretation of white dried grass hiding ,along the fence row. It has been, "A Painting Day".



Tall Grasses




Creek Crossing - Rancheria Creek





1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

Your painting really gives the feel of the tall grass!