Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Creek At Night - Ruth Andre






"Creek At Night"
3.5"x4" Acrylic on Paper
Matted and Framed 11"x11"
by Ruth Andre

The temperatures have been high and with the creek still running it brings  the thirsty wildlife down from the mountains for a drink. At dusk a few days ago my dog, Sadie, and I walked to the creek to enjoy the running water and the shade from the old oaks. When I got home a neighbor called to say she saw me at the creek and when I left a mountain lion also climbed up from the creek to cross our property. I must admit I felt a chill and wondered if the mountain lion was watching Sadie and me from one of the old oak tree branches. This occurrence also made me wonder what goes on at the creek at night when all is quiet and cool. It has been, "A Painting Day".


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Oh, my gosh! I'd say your guardian angel was watching over you two!
That said, your painting is just stunning, Ruth!

Ruth Andre said...

Thanks so much, Chris. Living here in the back country is a constant muse for painting ideas. I do not want to meet this mountain lion but there have been several sightings. Ruth