Saturday, June 17, 2017

It Came From the North - Ruth Andre



"It Came From the North"
30"x22.5" Acrylic on Paper
by Ruth Andre




Vignettes for, "It Came From the North"

Summer is here but I am still thinking about the northern states we visited just a few weeks ago. Montana, Wyoming and Idaho were all so beautiful. I was constantly being reminded that we were visiting during the warm days of summer and I was told it does get very cold in winter. I have tried to imagine six months of wintery days with lots of snow after living in California most of my life.  There would definitely be a few challenges.
Even in our isolated northern California valley we do occasionally get a wild storm and we always check to see if the storm is coming from the west or the east. The eastern storms seem to have stronger winds.

The painting today is painted on Stonehenge paper using acrylic paints. For the life of me I cannot get a true color image of the entire paintings so that is why you see three small vignettes of the painting that are truer to the  cooler palette.  I may try photographing the painting again tomorrow in the morning light. I just looked at the vignettes once again and I like the  #3 cropped view. It may become its own painting some day. It has been, "A Painting Day".


1 comment: