Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Dream Landing I - Ruth Andre


"Dream Landing I"
4.5"x4.5" Oil-Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre

I tried something a little different today and painted without painting in the formatted square but let the paint stroke stop before meeting the edge showing a loose finish. I also wanted to paint with a very quiet palette. I had moved a table to an open area in the barn to feel the cool breezes flowing through from outside. Our wild cat, Mommay Kitty, kept me company as she watched from her high perch. Take care and enjoy, it has been "A Painting Day".
PS: Dreams do come true.


4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I like it..

Ruth Andre said...

Caterina, Thank-you so much for stopping by and the nice comment. Ruth

Chris Lally said...

Love the painting - love the lost edges!

Ruth Andre said...

Chris, The lost edge is serendipitous since I never know exactly what the long paint stroke will be when finished. Thanks for your comment. Ruth