Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ranch Woman


I am totally baring my soul with this painting. I really would like to do a series of "Ranch Women" paintings. Ranch woman have a certain spirit that comes from owning land, tending children and family and working the ranch. To paint these women, would be an amazing painting challenge. I am not a figurative painter but have decided to start thinking about what goes on with a figure and start studying how to paint a figure. The painting today is one of a ranch woman I found in Missouri. She was testing a new horse and she knew that it was not the right horse for her but it was a sweet thing and it was so hard to say, no, to the sale. There are soft hearts involved in the picking of the right horse but you know you have to find the "one", because it will be with you for a long time. Yes, the painting is an attempt to paint a self portrait. I guess we can say this is the baseline and hopefully each new Ranch Woman painting will get better as the paint goes down. Thinking about the Ranch Woman challenge made for, "A Painting Day".

"Ranch Woman, 6x6-inches, o/c by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

No comments: