Monday, August 23, 2010

The Slip


                                                    "The Slip" - 5x5-inches, oil/canvas

I know, I know, I go from western works to landscape and now a figure painting!  This is a special painting and is being donated to the City of Hope for continued research for Women's cancers. Each artist was invited to paint either a slip or a corset.  I liked the idea of the slip mixed with a little romance. "The Slip" is being shipped out today to the Ghost Gallery in Seattle, Washington for the "Celebrating the Shape of Life"exhibit. I have donated this painting to my aunt Frances, who has taught me much about life and how to continue to live it to its fullest, even when you are handed the roughest of times.  I call her Auntie and she is a great inspiration to me and to all the people that know her.  We all need an "Auntie" in our lives.  Knowing Auntie all of my life has made for, "A Painting Day".

"The Slip"-5x5-inches, oil/canvas-by Ruth Andre  Donation
Ghost Gallery-Exhibit-August 31-September 11, 2010  Seattle, WA
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com





3 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Lovely figure painting and for such a good cause.

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting. I'm sure your Auntie will be proud!

Katie Wilson said...

Nicely done, Ruth. I like your compositions with the head crops.