Thursday, November 4, 2010

Texas Sunshine


My Texas Longhorn Cattle mania continues with a painting using another photo from Sarah.  This lady Texas Longhorn cow is a colorful red with white and soft contented eyes.  I once stationed myself in my truck in a pasture of Texas Longhorn Cattle to watch them interact with one another and with their calves.  It was a gorgeous day and one calf must of needed to get up and get moving and when she did not the mother and the other cows, one by one, in the herd made their way over to the calf and did their best to see if they could get the little one to get up and walk.  I was taken with the community these cows had within their herd.  As I ate my boxed lunch one of the older cows came over to investigate.  She may of wanted a scratch on the back but not knowing these cows I kept my distance.  It was a day to remember and I thank Sarah for sending her photos my way.  Taking on a respectful love for Texas Longhorn Cattle made for, "A Painting Day".

"Texas Sunshine"-5x5-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com
Commissions Welcome

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful Ruth! The background color looks great with her coloring.

Theresa Paden said...

I love the cheerful, yellow background and great job on the longhorn, too!

martinealison said...

Il en impose avec ses cornes... et me ferait reculer de plus d'un pas !
Magnifique port de tête. Vous avez parfaitement peint la puissance de cet animal.
Bisous

Maria's Watercolor said...

I have always enjoyed watching animals interact with each other unbothered by people, this is a great painting, I love the warm colors you chose.

Ruth Andre said...

Martinealison, De remerciement autant de pour votre commentaire pour le tableau de Soleil de Texas. D'ordinaire le bétail de Longhorn de Texas est assez docile et facile à contrôler. Vous avez besoin de faire attention de leurs de cornes très longues et tranchantes. Ils sont véritablement beaux et puissants.

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you hmuxo, Theresa and MariasWatercolor for your comments on this Texas Lady.

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

I love the story of the longhorn. What community they have! I also like the warm background it goes with their personality.

Marie Theron said...

Love this portrait too!