Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Small Works Show Up


When I lived in Missouri I belonged to a group of riders called the Cardiac Cowboys.  The group leader was 80  years old and you did  your best to keep up with him and his beautiful horse, a very tall Palomino walker.  The Cardiac Cowboys would meet at different locations on Tuesdays and ride the back country and we would not see a single soul for the day's ride.  We rode in the morning broke for lunch and then continued down the trail back to the horse trailers.  I have to say we were supposed to have our horses saddled and ready to go by 10:00 AM.  The leader would say, "Riders Up" and you had better be on your horse and ready to go because if you were not you were left behind.  Rules were followed but we all had such a good time together.  Most of the group of guys were so old they called my friend, Connie, and me, The Girls.  I miss those rides and the good guys I met on horseback in Missouri.  

The photos are a couple of the 32 paintings I sent to Texana in Goliad, Texas for the Small Works Art Show.  I love seeing my paintings at Texana.  Charlene, the owner, has just the right touch to show each painting in just the right way.  So The Small Works Show is UP!


The Small Works Show reception is this Saturday October 8, 2011 from noon to 6 pm.  Join the fun and enjoy meeting the good folks at Texana.

Texana,
102 Courthouse Square
Goliad, Texas 

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses à l'occasion de cette journée particulière...
On doit pouvoir y admirer tant de belles oeuvres... Dommage que vous soyez si loin ma chère.
Je vous envoie des bisous et merci pour la petite histoire qui accompagne cette jolie publication.

Theresa Paden said...

Your paintings look great and the rustic frames are perfect. It's nice to see the way they are displayed and the western blanket really shows off the red horse. Looks like a great show!

M R Anand said...

the painting and the presentation in the blog is just perfect!

hmuxo said...

I absolutely love this painting! I always enjoy your cropped versions. Just beautiful...I can almost feel his fur.