Saturday, March 24, 2012

Prairie Wild - Ruth Andre


I am dusting off my cowboy boots and packing my fancy skirts to head down to Paso Robles for the 
Cattlemen's Western Art Show & Sale. The show starts off with a reception Friday night 5:00-9:00 PM and  continues on Saturday 10:00-5:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 to 3:30 PM. It is always a fun show.  This will be my fifth visit to the Cattlemen's gala event.  If you are a local to Paso Robles or just visiting please stop by the show and say, hello. There will be 60 artists represented. You will see what it takes to make, 
"A Painting Day".

"Prairie Wild" 5x5 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre SOLD



6 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This has so much energy and movement! Best of luck at your show!!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful, Ruth!! I love the strong brush strokes...Perfectly painted..and of course I wish you luck in your show!! I'm sure it will be a success!!

Theresa Paden said...

Such great movement in this piece. I especially like the texture in the mane. Good luck at the Cattlemen's and have fun!

Manisha Vedpathak said...

I liked the texture and the bold strokes in the painting.Wish you all the best for the show!

martinealison said...

Je vous souhaite un excellent spectacle... Vous allez certainement avoir beaucoup de plaisir...
Cette dernière peinture est très puissante... J'aime les nuances de gris et blancs... Un cheval plein de fougue.
Gros bisous

shirley fachilla said...

Good luck in the show. It must be one you love cause you've participated for awhile! I echo the comments of others about the strong sense of movement and energy with this piece.