Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolution #1 - Ruth Andre


Well, I started the New Year cleaning my studio and making changes. I need more space so I am finding storage space outside the studio for canvas and photos and more. Right now the studio looks like a bomb has hit with tables and easels all bunched together while a Peg Board painting area is being installed on the back wall. The larger paining area should free me up to work on larger paintings. Tomorrow I plan to go on a shopping safari to find a short storage unit with wheels so it can be used for storage and table top. Everything in the studio needs to have a purpose with multiple uses if possible. I will update with photos soon. It has not been a painting day but it has been a day to plan for,
 "A Painting Day".
May the New Year 2013 be filled with good things for all of you.
PS: Here is one more calendar to get your year started!


"Fence Line" 4x12 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre



4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I can relate so much...
I am getting organized here in PA!
Love your painting!
Happy 2013!

Ruth Andre said...

HI Sue, My organizing is going slower than expected. Doesn't always? We ran into a clutch. The peg board kind of makes me dizzy with so many dots in the room. NEXT! Thank-you for your comment.

shirley fachilla said...

I so look forward to seeing your studio renovations and your larger canvases!
Are you updating your lighting? Better studio lighting was my Christmas wish. It hasn't happened yet because of totally unexpected circumstances.

Theresa Paden said...

So glad you are getting your studio set up just the way you want it. Great painting, too!