Thursday, April 11, 2013

Laguna - Ruth Andre


"Laguna"
36"x36"x2" oil-wax on panel
by Ruth Andre

I have been painting the last few days on a larger work. Changing to a larger size panel is challenging, giving way to new thinking on how to apply the paint. I have had to mix larger amounts of paint using a bigger palette for mixing colors. My tools for applying the paint are larger as well.  Finding the voice of my vision while working out the mechanics of painting has made for, "A Painting Day".

3 comments:

Debora L Stewart said...

A gorgeous painting Ruth. Love it and the large size. It sparkles.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Stunning WORK!

shirley fachilla said...

I could tell it was larger from the image before I read your words. You've given us more beautiful color and marks to explore!