Monday, August 25, 2014

The Protectors - Ruth Andre



"The Protectors"
72"x48"x1.5" oil on canvas
by Ruth Andre


Ruth Andre - "The Protectors" 

Have you ever been truly challenged? I decided to take on painting a large landscape painting. The canvas is quite large, 6 feet high and 4 feet wide and it seemed to grow as I painted it. My palette knife was a huge cement trowel. Mixing paint was also a challenge since I needed a large area for the big piles of paint and then a much larger area to mix the paint and have different mixes ready to go to gain the spontaneity needed for the work. It has truly been, "A Painting Day"


7 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wow! You met that challenge and passed it, Ruth. Fantastic!

Ruth Andre said...

Diana, Thanks for checking in and your lovely comment for the big landscape challenge.

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth, I have always admired your artistic courage. It takes great inner strength to venture out of the safe zone. You do it consistently and successfully. Congratulations once more.

suzanneberry said...

AMAZING Ruth!! Beautifully done! You certainly met that challenge head on! with great, great success.

so so happy to see you working. take good care!

Ruth Andre said...

Suzanne, Thank-you for stopping by and for you very nice comment. I love your large paintings. They have been an inspiration for some time.

Caroline Simmill said...

What a stunning painting, nice to see you standing by it to give it a sense of scale.

Theresa Paden said...

Ruth, this one is stunning and the size must make a grand statement on a wall! I love the softness of it and the movement. Makes me feel like I am right there looking at the trees blowing in the wind, such a serene feeling.