Friday, July 31, 2015

A Painting Day - The Land Between - Ruth Andre


"The Land Between"
4.5"x4.5" Oil and Cold Wax on Paper
12"x12" Mat
Challenge Painting Fifty-Five
by Ruth Andre
$125.00

I don't often say this but this painting is one of my favorite paintings in the 
"Challenge Painting 100 Series". It is a quiet painting and there is something in the quietness that brings my thoughts to the surface and lets me dream. It also brings thoughts of having land that is separated by natural barriers. Rivers, mountain ranges and roads can leave the land in the middle in solitude. It is land that may not be appealing to most but I seek the gift of silence that is often found there. This is a painting that sets me free. It is, "A Painting Day".

2 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

I agree Ruth. I find this painting enormously soothing. I feel like I could fall into the middle of it and disappear. Exquisite.

Ruth Andre said...

Bruce, Thank-you so very much for your comment. You have expressed another view for the quietness of this painting. Ruth