Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Painting Day - Red Wing - Ruth Andre


"Red Wing"
Painting - 12 "x4" Oil on Paper
Paper 17"x9"
by Ruth Andre
$150



After the serenity of the quiet Challenge Painting in yesterday's post I am sending out a bolt of red with the painting, "Red Wing". Since I started painting on paper my interest in the different paper types has grown and I ordered a beautiful handmade paper, Mura Udaban A Itaboshi HM, from Washi Arts. The Mura paper is often used as a backing for scrolls and comes in sheets 17"x56". It is a beautiful paper and one I am enjoying and using as my painting surface. Lovely papers like Mura Udaban actually add to the painting by giving the painting a beautiful resting place and a foundation filled with the history of ancient paper making. It has been, "A Painting Day".

No comments: