Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Looking Out - Ruth Andre


"Looking Out"
7"x7" Acrylic on Paper
by Ruth Andre

When I went to title this painting the literal part of me thought of the night and light that that comes from the house looking outside to the dark. All that is with us during the day is still there at night but it is hidden away. The other part of me thought  about how we can be seeing out from our own thoughts and seeing the dark side rather than the light. Moving past the dark can sometimes be overwhelming. I have been facing a major change in my life and am working hard to move forward but nothing feels the same. The way I think of my life has changed. I read a book years ago called, "Passages" and I most likely need to review the book since it talked about the many passages a person moves through in life's journey. 
My studio time is limited but I am enjoying painting with acrylic paint on paper. For this painting I loved the fluid paint and how it seems to cheer on spontaneity and working with an abandoned enthusiasm. 
It has been, "A Painting Day".


No comments: