Friday, August 25, 2017

Red Mountain - Ruth Andre


"Red Mountain"
12"x12" Oil - Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre

The west is a place that calls to me and when I have visited the land of enchantment the red mountains and steep cliffs were totally awe inspiring.  While visiting Ghost Ranch north of Santa Fe, New Mexico I walked from the small village along a mountain path and was surrounded by the steep red cliffs jutting straight up. It was a beautiful place to see. I was a new painter then taking a workshop with the artist, Mauice Larioux. He told stories of his neighbor, Georgia O'keeffe and their turbulent friendship in years past. It was a grand adventure painting and staying in such a rustic art center far from the busy city. It was, "A Painting Day".



1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

What extraordinary memories you must have of your time spent in New Mexico, especially as a new painter!
Gorgeous painting to help commemorate that special time - one of many, I'm sure.