Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February


I'm LATE!  January has been a whirlwind of activity in the studio and February got here seemingly very fast.  As promised here is the calendar for February.  The painting is of a Palomino mare named Diamond and she lives just over the hill in the Shenandoah Valley.  The studio is filled with several paintings in different stages of completion, including one for the next Moses Botkin Challenge.  I have also been in the thinking mode of what I would like to paint for a new series of works?  I would rather be painting and not thinking so much but I guess it all is part of the artistic process?  February is making for, "A Painting Day".

"Shenandoah" 12x12-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre

3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful painting, Ruth. The composition is very compelling. The shadow of the horse on the snow puts everything in context--a cold February day, sunshine after a snowfall.... It's really great.

Linda Popple said...

Just beautiful, Ruth!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Beautiful painting. It made me think of an email I just got from our horse network. They were looking for homes for about 30 paint/pintos up in New York. I just love my horses.