Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Spirits Speak


I have been searching my family heritage with the help of my good friend, Craig. Craig has taken my bits and pieces of names and dates to garner information from  my family history.  I know I have Indian heritage but it appears to be hidden in the records of time.  This portrait, "The Spirits Speak", is a first try for me to get in touch with my past through painting.  I know that may sound a bit dramatic but it is heartfelt.  The search for family history has made for "A Painting Day".

"The Spirits Speak" 8x8-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

5 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wonderful! I'm not used to seeing this kind of work from you here.

Ruth Andre said...

Kimberly, Thank-you for your comment. The reason you are not used to seeing work like this from me is because it is a first for me. I have been thinking about the dark sepia toned portrait and decided to give it a try.

Theresa Paden said...

I love the beautiful warm colors and the peaceful expression on his face.

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful piece. Love the limited palette.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful! I really like this, Ruth. Good luck with your search for family. :-)