Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jack #1


Here in the valley we have Jack Rabbits and they always make me smile when I see them hopping along in the pasture.  Their ears are long but I decided to paint this little Jack Rabbit close up to show off his big brown eyes.  "Jack #1" is the first in a series of three Jack Rabbits for a triptych series.  Finding this little Jack Rabbit made for, "A Painting Day".

"Jack #1" -6x6-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com
Commission A Painting Information

10 comments:

Country Girl said...

Quite lovely.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love it Ruth!! Can't wait to see the next in the series.

Theresa Paden said...

This jack rabbit is gorgeous! I love the way you painted the fur and the eye.

Linda Popple said...

This is going to be a great series! I love this jack rabbit!

Barbara said...

Beautiful. For the Year of the Rabbit.

LindaHunt said...

I think this is adorable! You made him look so real...looking forward to the other 2.

Pamela Zimmerman said...

i love this. i can FEEL the softness, and that eye leaves me no doubt that that jack is looking at me, thinking about running. you are nothing short of amazing

Kim Vanlandingham said...

He does have wonderful eyes!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

Love this bunny! Or rather Jack rabbit. Nice!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You've captured the wild and wary nature of this hearty creature and a delicate beauty too. What a lovely piece.