Sunday, February 13, 2011

Painting Photos



Well I have been on a wild hair and have several painting going in the studio.  I love starting a painting and I love the first and the second paint passes and then it gets down to the final and I start dragging my feet.  The photos are of me painting a portrait of my horse, Hopi.  She is a small Paint and it is a lot of fun seeing her bigger than life.  I learned one thing today.  Do NOT stand too close to a wet painting.  Taking on these big canvas works has made for, "A Painting Day".

Work In Progress of Hopi-36x36 inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com
How To Commission A Painting!

8 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

You are so lucky to have the gift of talent to be able to paint an animal that you love so beautifully. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Theresa Paden said...

Hopi is looking great! Great colors and brush work and, as usual, the anatomy is spot on. Love your new haircut, too!

SUSAN RODEN said...

Like seeing your progression Ruth - making a video of this one?
Thanks for sharing!

Shirley Peters said...

Thank you for letting us in on your progress. Great painting too.
The pics are interesting. I think it helps to have a figure standing near the artwork, to give you an idea of its size. I subscribe to http://www.artdaily.org and they always have a figure in their main photo.

Linda Nickles said...

Your work is beautiful, Ruth . . . just amazing!

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

I love this Hopi painting. You have put so much color in the horse which makes it so beautiful. Also the background is wonderful with the change of color. However it looks like the horse is smelling your arm pit or trying to nudge you. Good job Ruth!

Don Gray said...

This looks great, Ruth. Love your jackrabbit too...great to see your recent work.

Raymond Logan said...

Ruth,
Great Converse!
–Raymond/3