Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shallow Waters - Ruth Andre


I was out the door this morning to complete a series of errands. The painting "Ellis" was delivered and greeted with good words all around. Whew! I am always so happy when a commission is accepted. The challenge is always to make the painting, the animal being painted and recognizable to the owner.

I also took several paintings to my framer and friend, Jim Ginney in Placerville. The painting today was one to find the perfect frame. "Shallow Waters" was painted in the afternoon last Friday at Silver Lake. The water was so beautifully clear and the colors shown from delegate greens to the bluest of blues. There was a gusty wind that made everything feel totally alive and made for "A Painting Day".

"Shallow Waters" 6x8 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

I love the blues in this and the yellow-green of the trees. Wonderful textures, too.