Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Quiet - Ruth Andre


I had many names for this painting but wanted to impart the feeling of serenity and quiet that is felt when the ground is covered with snow. The quiet is so beautiful as is the land. While living on our farm in Missouri I would be in the pasture with the horses and all was so serene. The trees were filled with winter colors and the ground frozen covered with snow. Winter was a beautiful time on the farm and it has made for, "A Painting Day".

*Note: I have received a few very nice emails from my last post about studio aliens. I thank-you all for your support with this painting transition. I have decided to just follow my heart and enjoy the painting process and I do appreciate each and every comment received.

"The Quiet" 4x10 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

1 comment:

Aiesha said...

Wow! This is beautiful - wonderful job working without a sketch

Hawaiian Paintings