Friday, July 27, 2012

HIgh Country Bison - Ruth Andre



I finished this Bison painting today and thought it might be a stronger painting cropped down to showcase the Bison. The canvas is 9x12" and the cropped version would have been 8x10". Then I let the painting sit for a little bit and added a frame to take another look and decided it works as it is. The frame brought the painting together by enclosing the image. I cannot say enough about good painting frames and good framers. Each step adds to the beautify of your paintings. Painting the wild Bison made for "A Painting Day".


"High Country Bison" 9x12 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre


3 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I agree about framers, though I am trying to get better at it on my own. Great painting!

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Ruth!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

So lovely, so delicate and so strong, all at once.