Friday, October 26, 2012

Ties To the Land - Ruth Andre


The valley where I live was at one time filled with Gold Rush miners. There was little land for farming except for small pockets of flat areas. My horse's pasture was at one time an apple orchard and the homestead was just down the road. I love walking the land and feeling the ties from long ago. When the old oak acorns fall, I know at one time Native Americans were here gathering the acorns and then grinding them and finally washing their harvest in the creek.  The old oaks gave them food, fuel and shade. Having ties with the land has made for, "A Painting Day".

"Ties To the Land" 10x10 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre


My Website






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the texture that you used those earth colors and are so beautiful ,that are my favorites.
Beautiful work congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like this one and the impetus for creating it :).
Stay inspired!