Monday, October 1, 2012

Canyon Shadows - Ruth Andre


Painting small studies gives so much information as far as color and design but when moving up in size the tools change to a larger size and there is more paint to mix. The mixing area on my palette has grown and I need ever inch of it. The painting today, "Cloud Shadows" is not huge by any means but to paint this piece it took a whole new way of moving the paint. I love challenges and I look forward to each canvas no matter the size,  making for, "A Painting Day".

"Canyon Shadows" 12x6" oil on canvas by  Ruth Andre


My Blog

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Beautiful...caught my eye right away...depth of feeling in this painting!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your abstraction holds a lot of appeal for me, Ruth. I also play with the paint surface to achieve what I 'feel' as I am seeing. The colors in this really do say canyons to me.