Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Calendar



March is still wet and cold here in the foothills but I am seeing signs of spring just a few miles down the mountain as I head for town on my weekly treks.  The horses are shedding their winter coats so all is on track for a few weeks of spring weather coming in the next month or two.  The studio is my haven and it is filled to the brim at the moment.  I have gotten started on a few larger paintings and finding room for all of them as they move through their different stages is a bit of a juggling act but the work is coming together.  March is making for many, "A Painting Day".

March Calendar- "Desert Spirit" 6x6-inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Joli piaf... Bientôt des bébés gazouilleront...
Bisous

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful painting. Looks great on a calendar.

Kathy Cousart said...

Love the painting on the calendar! And, your studio sounds like a wonderful place with tons of creativity:)

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wonderful painting! Everytime I read your blog, I just can't wait to get home to my studio and see my horses.