Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Megan Noir & Moses Botkin Challenge


This is my third Challenge month with the Moses Botkin Challenge group.  It was also my turn to choose the March Challenge.  This may sound funny but I had never painted an image using a black background so I decided to Challenge myself by asking the group to paint an image on a black background and making it a must do for a new painting.  I chose to paint a little filly, Megan, that lives down the road.  Megan is older now and has been trained to ride and her owner says she is the best little mare.  So with true joy I painted Megan making for, "A Painting Day".

The Challenge member's paintings are below so please enjoy the show.

"Megan Noir"-4x6-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre © 2011
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com
Commission A Painting
Sale Day Paintings




"Sweet Reflections"
Oil on hardboard, 4"x6"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin
 



"Blue and Pink"
9x12 pastel - All Rights Reserved © 2011


"Glass Artists"
5x7 oil on clayboard
“Not So Crystal Ball” oil on canvas 20x24” - All Rights Reserved © 2011
http://robincheers.blogspot.com
www.robincheers.com










“Not So Crystal Ball” oil on canvas 20x24”  - All Rights Reserved © 2011
Sharman Owings
http://sharmanowingspaintings.blogspot.com



SUNNY SIDE UP ©
16x20" oil on board
http://suzanneberry.blogspot.com/











12 comments:

martinealison said...

Oh mais cette jument ne demande rien d'autre que des bisoussssss!
très jolie toile.
Baisers

Samantha Dorato Art said...

All your paintings are wonderful. You've work a lot. Congrat !

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Beautiful piece Ruth. The thumbnail jumped right off my screen and I had to come here first for a closer look.

Linda Popple said...

Great challenge and you did a beautiful job with it!

Theresa Paden said...

Megan is beautiful and the black background works so well with her white coat.

VickiRossArt said...

Great Challenge idea, Ruth! I love this painting...great to have you in the group.

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful job with the challenge Ruth!

mary maxam said...

Megan is just lovely and the black seemed to work beautifully! Love the forward movement too

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Although I've used black backgrounds before, your pick for our Challenge this month gave me a reason to push it a little farther than I'd done previously. I'm thinking of doing some more experiments with that wonderful contrast and see where it takes me.

I love your little horse treasure. That black is so dramatic with Megan's bright light color. Beautiful!

suzanneberry said...

ruth, your work is simply stunning. your brushwork and color so alive and vibrant. meagan is beautiful and native of the plains takes my breath away.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wow! These are all amazing!!

hmuxo said...

Megan is absolutely beautiful Ruth. I love the black background since it makes her pop right out. Since my Dad passed away, I am now back catching up with everyone's work..my favorite is your Native of the plains...beautifully painted, as usual.