Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beyond the Forest - Ruth Andre


When I finished this painting I thought it said more than paint on canvas. I am posting it today for Memorial Day, a time to remember those that gave in service for our country. I also think of Memorial Day as a time to remember lost loved ones. While living in the Mid-West Memorial Day was a time for family gatherings. We would be together and share pot luck dinners and family stories. It was the best of times and I miss these outings very much. My trek to Southern Illinois to walk where my father and grandfathers walked and to think of my grandmother and her small egg business gave me a feeling of belonging. Once you have worked the land there is a deep appreciation for the cycle of life. This has been, "A Painting Day".

"Beyond the Forest" 5x7 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece has such a moody, sombre feel to it. Then I read your words and it makes sense.
Stay inspired!

Theresa Paden said...

I really like the texture in this and love the brown/turquoise color combo.