Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Farmlands - Ruth Andre


The painting today is called, "Farmlands" and while I painted, I started thinking about my good friend, Judy. Judy was one of the first people I met in Missouri, where my husband and I farmed I still remember meeting Judy for the first time. She struck me as a real life Southern Bell. When ever I was with Judy it was a bit like being with a movie star. She is someone that attracts attention with her enthusiastic manner, her love of life and the best of looks. Remembering good times with Judy, while in Farm Country, made for, "A Painting Day".

"Farmlands" 10x8 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre Sold

Website
Contact Ruth

6 comments:

Marietjie said...

Love the colour harmony in this painting

shirley fachilla said...

Wonderful harmony of colors.

North County Film Club said...

So beautiful and restful. I just can't imagine doing a painting a day. I'm so impressed!!!!!
Barbara
P.S. Are you feeling better?

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you for these lovely comments. They are much appreciated. Nancy, I am fine. Thanks for stopping by.

Theresa Paden said...

Judy sounds like such a fun person to be with. This painting has such beautiful colors in the foreground.

suzanneberry said...

wow, ruth, this is outstanding. i love the texture and color, just beautifully done.