Monday, May 28, 2012

Impending Storm


I believe this is a time of transition for me and my painting. Abstract art is a true love of mine and in years past my art was done with paint and a squeegee making serigraph prints. I loved the printing process and the fine papers, inks and making multiples print runs. I left printing behind and have explored many aspects of art in the past years. The last few paintings maybe bringing my love of the landscape and abstract painting together? Not sure where this will lead but I am willing to follow.

Yesterday I sat out on the back porch with my husband sharing stores of the day. We looked out onto the pasture and the trees running along the creek. The wind was blowing through the trees and the air changed from warm to cold. We realized an impending storm was on its way. We hurried into the house but the feeling of the storm stayed with me, making for, "A Painting Day".

"Impending Storm" 36x36 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

4 comments:

Debora L Stewart said...

I look forward to seeing where you go with your abstractions. I love the internal process of abstraction and the unexpected twists and turns. Enjoy the journey.

Unknown said...

Through our journey in the art world, we acquire knowledge, learn new techniques and perfected our style.
I love yours style. And I think no matter where you walk, your work will always have your seal of texture and color.
Happy Memorial day.

martinealison said...

On peut sentir un grand mouvement dans cette dernière peinture.
Il est important d'aller où votre ressenti vous guide...
gros bisous

North County Film Club said...

Another beautiful abstraction with a sense of something interesting to come.
Barbara