Sunday, June 16, 2013

Frozen In Time - Ruth Andre


"Frozen In Time"
7"x7" oil & mixed media on paper - mat 11"x14"
by Ruth Andre

This mixed media paintings is the beginning of a new collection on paper. I have wanted to paint on paper for some time and when I found an archival paper primed for oil paints,  I thought it would be a perfect surface. Each painting is matted with a cellophane sleeve that can easily be slipped into a standard size frame. Loving the textured paper edges has made for, "A Painting Day".


3 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth...
I'm really struck by this one. Perhaps it's the 'realist' in me...and my own affinity for architectural subjects...but this is very appealing. Colors are terrific too! Very, very nice work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Ruth! I love the colors so much. Good luck with your new collection!

North County Film Club said...

Love this new look.
Barbara