Monday, June 17, 2013

Lost In the Shadows - Ruth Andre


"Lost In the Shadows"
36"x36"x2" oil & mixed media on panel
by Ruth Andre

Last week I had time in the studio to work on some new paintings on paper and I also took on a larger panel and painted away. What fun it is to use my whole body to create a sweeping stroke with paint. There is a lot of stepping back to see what has been done and in my case that means stepping over my good dog-friend, Sadie. She likes hanging out in the studio with me and does not seem to mind my constant dance back and forth. She sleeps contently until she hears cleaning-up sounds and then she bounds for the door not wanting to be left behind. It was a great week and made for many, 
"A Painting Day".


Sadie's Studio Watch






2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,
Sadie a bien de la chance de partager des moments de peinture avec vous...
Je soupçonne que vous aussi !
Mon dernier petit compagnon, bébé Icarus aime venir à l'atelier avec moi et là il devient très sage, comme s'il comprenait que c'est important pour moi !...
J'aime beaucoup votre dernière oeuvre. Vous êtes très talentueuse.

Gros bisous à vous et une caresse à Sadie !

Theresa Paden said...

Great energy in this piece and wonderful dark/light contrast. So fun to see Sadie, too!