Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wish You Were Here - Desert Highway - Postcard - Ruth Andre


"Wish You Were Here - Desert Highway"
4.50"x 6.25" oil & mixed media on paper postcard
by Ruth Andre

I was just two weeks old when I went on my first road trip across country. The vacation was planned and that was that. Each year after that my family would pile into the car and head to the mid-west for a few weeks to visit with my mother and father's families. I loved the trips. I loved seeing each state and especially loved the southwest and cowboy towns. Route 66 was the main road back then and it ran through every town with lots of stops along the way. The car had no air conditioning so the windows were down and the cooler of cold drinks was at the ready. It was indeed hot but there was so much to see that I did not care and just enjoyed the view. Vacation memories have made for, "A Painting Day".

No comments: