Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Painting Day - Summer Rain I - Ruth Andre


"Summer Rain I"
4.5"x4.5" Oil and Cold Wax on Paper
Challenge Painting Twenty-Seven
by Ruth Andre

I have been away from home for a few days and spent two days without the Internet. I am back home and so very happy to be home. I saw the town I grew up in Southern California look overwhelmed with people and houses and it all made me feel very sad. The quiet beauty is gone and replaced with the constant whirl of cars and more cars. Maybe what they say is true about not being able to go home again. Turning down our country road here in Sutter Creek, California made me feel happy to back in the valley. My growing up years are now just a memory. The painting today, "Summer Rain I" is one of my favorite paintings in the Challenge 100 series. I will post its companion tomorrow. Summer rains are gifts from the heavens that need to be savored and enjoyed. 

4.5"x4.5" Oil and Cold Wax on Paper 
 12"x12" hand cut mat 
$125.00

Contact
Ruth's Website





 

No comments: