Friday, June 5, 2015

A Painting Day - Vanishing Creek - Ruth Andre

"Vanishing Creek I"
4.5"x4.5" oil & cold wax on paper
by Ruth Andre
Challenge Painting Ten

Our creek, the Rancheria Creek, that flows through the valley is seasonal. The creek flows through June and then it is still and finally is swallowed by the blanket of sand. As I walked along the bridge across the creek I could still see a trickle of water flowing through the moss covered rocks and grasses but it had slowed and sounded sleepy. The painting today is my interruption of the quiet creek. It was, 
"A Painting Day".

4.5"x4.5" oil & cold wax Painting & 12"x12" hand cut mat $95
(available upon request Painting & 16"x16" hand cut mat $100 Contact)

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

small and strong

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you so much, Sue. A storm came through the valley today and whew it was wild and I painted like crazy as rain pelted the metal roof of my studio. New paintings will be posted soon.