Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Painting Day - Pueblo - Ruth Andre


"Pueblo"
6"x12"x1.5" Oil and Mixed Media on Cradled Wood Panel
by Ruth Andre
$250.00

I am reading the book "Californios" by Louis L'Amour and the story takes place in the 1800's when Los Angeles was just a village. Malibu was a single ranch and Paradise Cove attracted shipping smugglers. There is much to be said about the old west and these stories have attracted the world to the Southwest to taste just a little of these wild and romantic stories. L'Amour's words let us  feel the the heat of the day and the welcome coolness when stepping into an old pueblo built of adobe clay. There is talk of spirits and the 'old people'. I love the history and the adventure of these stories. It has been,
"A Painting Day".

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une peinture remplie de soleil, de lumière et de générosité.
Une oeuvre où toutes vos émotions transpirent et qui transmettent de bonnes énergies.

Gros bisous ♡

Ruth Andre said...

Martine: Hello Dear friend, a painting filled with sunshine, light and generosity. A work or all your emotions and CTTC which transmit good energies. Big kisses ♡

Ruth: Martine, Thank-you so much for your comment. I love your words.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is dramatic and simple at the same time. Love it!

I really enjoyed the book. I felt I had some understanding of the early days of that area of California after reading it. The same with Sitka.

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting with lots of rich texture. I am going to get that book and read it, sounds very interesting! Thanks for telling us about it!

Ruth Andre said...

Julie, Thank-you for leaving a comment and thanks for the book, 'Sitka' lead. I want to read it as well. The painting may appear simple but there are many layers of color and textures. I am afraid the photo is just a representation for the real painting. So good to get your comment.

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, You will love the Louis L'Amour's book. I am afraid I have just started reading a few of his works. He is an amazing writer. Let me know what you think of the book. Glad you like the painting.