Saturday, July 16, 2016

Fish Basket - Ruth Andre


"Fish Basket"
5"x7" Handprinted Handmade Papers on Board
by Ruth Andre
On Hold

Now that I am back to my own studio I have started some new collage pieces feeling very peaceful in the making of them. Setting down and cutting shapes and working with color and the papers is so restful but also exhilarating. I liken the work to be a lot of happy accidents making it a serendipitous art form. I do have a plan of sorts when I start but then I let go and let the papers guide me to find my way. The painting is what I see here at home during mid summer the creek starts to recede and small fish are sometimes spotted in the shallow waters. When I look over to watch the fish they scatter to a sheltered hiding place. I am not sure how many collage pieces I will make or for how long I will be making them but for now they  feel like an extension of my oil and cold wax works. 
It has been, "A Painting Day".


No comments: