Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mindful - Ruth Andre


"Mindful"
6"x6" Japanese Papers and Paint on Arches Paper
by Ruth Andre
$150 - Mounted on Paper

The painting, "Mindful" is a reminder to me to slow down and be mindful of what is important in my life. What can I do to fill it with good deeds and good thoughts. There is such simplicity of making a meal that nourishes and gives pleasure. A simple meal is a way of giving. I have been accused of liking to cook. I wonder how that happened since I never thought of myself as a kitchen diva. In some ways it is true. There are so many ways to give and I need to remember just saying thank-you for the simplest task is usually appreciated. The new works may need their own blog site. I am thinking about adding another site for these Art Collage pieces. I have been thinking about what they mean to me and how my past has played a part in making them. It is as if the quilts my grandmother, aunts and mother made are resurfacing themselves with the collage medium. Being mindful can bring surprises. It has been, "A Painting Day".



No comments: