Friday, February 23, 2018

Two From the Desert - Ruth Andre



"Desert Grasses"
Image - Acrylic on Paper 5.5"x7.5"
Matted - 14"x14"
by Ruth Andre


"Wind Currents"
Image - Acrylic on Paper 5.5"x7.5"
Matted - 14"x14"
by Ruth Andre

After returning from Joshua Tree desert I painted these two paintings. The paintings are minimal in color but so very much like the desert land. The desert feels ancient with its desolate solitude. The torn bottom of the painting edge gives the feeling of the desert's roughness. It reminds one to be strong and diligent.  It is amazing to see the plants and animals that thrive in the desert with little water. My framer, Jim Ginney, made these lovely heavy bottom mats. I think he did a fabulous job and it is fun to see my paintings accented so well. Thank-you, Jim.
It has been, "A Painting Day".





1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

I love the paintings, the torn edge of the paper, and the matts . . . everything about them!