Saturday, June 30, 2012

Awakening - Ruth Andre


Today I started a commission of a Great Dane. I have to say my heels have been pressed to ground procrastinating on working with brushes rather than the palette knife. My client wants brushwork  so brushwork it is. After getting the first color down for the pup I took a break and painted this small landscape, "Awakening". My recent small paintings are giving me ideas for larger paintings. I do feel an awakening when the paint flows and blends to make a quiet statement of change. Hope  you enjoyed your day. Awakening has made for, "A Painting Day".

News Flash:  My new landscape palette knife paintings have been requested for exhibit at my galleries in Texas and Utah. Am I thrilled? YES!

"Awakening" 5"x7" o/c by Ruth Andre



3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Such beautiful, dreamy colors in this. I love the blues, greens, and corals together. Congratulations on the success of your palette knife landscapes!!

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Theresa & Ashok for your comments. It means so much to read your kind words.

Diane ~ said...

this is so beautiful! i love everything about it, your color palette, the strokes, the design. Wonderful, simply wonderful!!!