Friday, June 8, 2012

Just Before Dusk - Ruth Andre



The days have been glorious here in the valley. It is warm and there is a quiet breeze. I love the subtle movement of the wind blowing through the trees. Today I decided to paint a partial view of a painting that I would like to paint much larger. I am working up my courage and decided to start with a smaller canvas.  If you have been following my blog you know I am moving in a much different direction with my painting. Most of you do not know that when I started my art making I worked as a print maker and did serigraph prints. The art was all abstract. I have always loved color, form and texture. These latest paintings have been an awakening of another part of me that has been dormant for sometime. Searching the soul has made for, "A Painting Day".

"Just Before Dusk" 8x10 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre Sold

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

5 comments:

Debora L Stewart said...

I love this one! The brilliant reds, lovely violets and muted colors. Can't wait to see more.

Theresa Paden said...

I really like the intense red in this. It's so lively!

suzanneberry said...

i love the richness of this ruth! beautifully done.

Kelly M. said...

This work, although a small study, seems to throb with a life force, like a Rothko --

photo to painting said...

I love this! A very creative and unique treatment of the subject matter. Look forward to seeing more.
You're really becoming a talented visual artist.What a lovely portrait!!Glorious and colorful Paint!!

Portrait Artist