Saturday, June 2, 2012

Song of the Sea - Ruth Andre


I lived in Encinitas, California for  a few years and each morning as I headed for the kitchen I would look out to the ocean to see what the day had in store. It was always a treat to see the ocean or on those cloud filled days, the grey mist and fog. The ocean view was alive with daily changes and always beautiful. Today's painting, "The Song of the Sea" gives a glimpse of the never ending changes of the sea. Living on the coast made for, "A Painting Day".






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Much of my childhood and adolescence I lived by the sea in my country, Dominican Republic, on a beautiful beach with white sand and turquoise waters,transparent and clean wather.
And I know how wonderful it is to awaken in the morning with this beautiful landscape, I can feel the beauty that you look around you. I can see it in your painting.
In the colors and texture so beautiful that you are using

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful and elegant in its simplicity. Makes me want to just jump right into the canvas!

Anonymous said...

Very calming and peaceful.
Stay inspired!

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth...this is such an exquisite work. The colors are so delicate, yet applied so confidently. Who would imagine a knife painting could capture such a gentle and tranquil moment!

Theresa Paden said...

I agree with everything Bruce said! Lovely painting. You sure have lived in some beautiful places :)

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love this! It may be one of the favorite paintings I've seen you do. I love the ocean and you can almost feel the moment looking at this. Beautiful!

North County Film Club said...

I remember living in Leucadia and seeing the ocean view each day. Sometimes I miss it but now I have a very pretty view of Fallbrook back- country and Deluz.
Another beautiful painting- how do you keep doing it?
Barbara