Friday, June 1, 2012

River Oak - Ruth Andre


I had a couple of days of errands that kept me out of the studio so this painting was a little warm up study. It looks rather delegate as if I was testing myself to paint again. Lately it seems there is a Poltergeist guiding my painting. I start to paint one thing and another comes alive on the canvas. Maybe this is something that happens? There was also a wasp in the studio and a few mosquitoes that I wish would find another flight pattern. Moving paint and dodging things that fly made for, "A Painting Day".

"River Oak" 6x6 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre






4 comments:

Gail said...

I like it.

Although I'm not as wonderful as you the paint does seem to have it's own mind when I paint. I love that feeling.

Anonymous said...

I really love this one. Great job allowing the Poltergeist to guide you to that precise spot :). Maybe you can train it to swat the pesky flying insects. lol
Stay inspired!

martinealison said...

Parfois quelque chose d'étrange nous pousse à des gestes ou des choix surprenant mais qui sont fabuleux...
J'aime cet arbre solitaire comme vous savez parfaitement bien les peindre.
Les nuances de couleurs sont aussi très harmonieuses.
Gros bisous et bon weekend.

shirley fachilla said...

Your "mind of its own" painting technique sounds like the usual method of many abstract painters I know. They don't know what the painting will be when they begin; they let the painting tell them!