Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Painting Day - Kome - Moon - Ruth Andre


"Kome-Moon"
4.5"x4.5" Oil and Cold Wax on Paper
Available with 12"x12" Hand Cut Mat
Sold
Challenge Painting Fifty
by Ruth Andre

This is Challenge Painting FIFTY. I am now half way through the "Challenge One Hundred Series". One hundred paintings, even small paintings is a true challenge. I am looking forward to completing the next fifty works. Yesterday's painting was titled "Hiema-Sun" a Miwok Indian word and today I use another Miwok word, "Kome-Moon". I feel our small ranch was once a place where the Indians met and gathered acorns. The trees are quite old and the acorns are abundant and close to the creek. Water is needed to leach out the toxins in the acorns so they can be used for food. We all walk on sacred ground but here in the valley I can feel the spirits of those from the past. It has been, "A Painting Day".


4 comments:

Chris Lally said...

A lovely story to compliment a lovely painting! Beautiful, Ruth.

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth....
I love the direction these last two paintings based on the history of your Valley.
And congratulations on reaching the halfway point!!

Ruth Andre said...

Chris, It is so nice of you to comment on the story as well as the painting. I appreciate your good words.

Ruth Andre said...

Bruce, I would love to continue using the Miwok words and paintings but I have not found very many Miwok words. There are 7 dialects for the Miwoks and I have chosen the Central Miwok Indians since they were here in this valley area. The history of the Miwok people is part of the valley.