Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spirits - Ruth Andre


I had planned to travel to Fort Bragg, California on Sunday and paint the beautiful sea and coastal cliffs. As happens plans change so I am home. Saturday my mare, Angel, became ill and after three veterinarian visits, working and watching Angel all night we finally had to let go and say good-bye to this good and beautiful friend. Angel came to our farm 18 years ago. She and I were the best of friends. I will be sharing with you a post just for Angel in a few days. Angel was loved and loving. Even at the very end of her life she nuzzled my hand as if she was saying Thank-You. I am heart broken and her two pasture buddies are as well. Through tears of sadness it has been, "A Painting Day".

"Spirits" 4x6 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre
Contemporary Abstract Oil - Palette Knife Painting


My Blog


4 comments:

Manisha Vedpathak said...

That's very sad.May her soul rest in peace.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I know what that's like.

Theresa Paden said...

This painting does look like spirits. I'm sorry you lost your sweet Angel.

Stephanie Berry said...

Always so sad to say goodbye to a beloved companion. Blessings.