Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Desert Light" - Ruth Andre


Recently I entered a review program for a Desert Residency in 2013. I know there will be hundreds of entries to consider but if luck comes my way I will be spending six weeks tucked away in a desert home making art. The notification for those artists getting the residency is months away. The desert seems to have its own calling and is being reflected in several of my recent paintings. During my last visit to the desert the weather was overcast and cool. The desert colors were rich but quiet all in one making for, "A Painting Day".

"Desert Light" 6x12 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre
 Triptych - Three 6x4 inch panels

2 comments:

Shirley Peters said...

Lovely colours, Ruth. I am enjoying watching your blog, and very interested in your abstract technique. D you also do large works? I would love to see these covering a wall!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This one is a beauty! I have a feeling of the vastness of desert and the colors are true.