Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Crossing - Ruth Andre


Visiting a ranch in Nevada and seeing the open space gave me the memories for this painting. As I traveled the main highway I could see fields that went on forever and at every ranch entrance there would be a cattle crossing grate laid down to keep the cows in just in case someone forgot to close the gate. So the title for this painting is still in the works. My first thought was to name it "Cattle Crossing" and then I saw more and thought of the people in history that traveled our lands making the crossing to their new found homes. So with my mind crossing with ideas has made for, "A Painting Day".

"The Crossing" 6x6 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre



1 comment:

shirley fachilla said...

Color and texture just super here. I found "Canyon Light" to be wonderful as well. You established such an interesting rhythm in Canyon.
In "The Crossing," I find the hot orange to be the perfect touch.