Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mesa Grande - Ruth Andre


I had my post ready to go for today when I received a lovely email from a collector. I wanted to share the comment with you and also thank all of you following my Blog and my work as it comes off the easel. The comment below is in regards to my newer abstract works. It has made me feel very good about, "A Painting Day.

I am actualy quite surprised how much I like them as my taste has always been on the "impressionistic" end of the scale but has not so far journeyed into the abstract.  It says a lot about how  evocative these paintings are that I am so drawn to them.  Thank you for giving them life.

Today's post below.

While traveling across country there were a few favorite shops along the way that I had to visit going and coming depending on what route was taken from California to Missouri and back again. There was a store in El Paso, Texas that was a must see due to their inventory of saddle blankets and all things western. The painting today, "Mesa Grande" reminds me of the displayed hand woven blankets. Bringing the colors of West Texas to my canvas made for, "A Painting Day".

"Mesa Grande" 12x30x1.5 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

My Website

No comments: