Monday, December 3, 2012

Hilltop - Ruth Andre


It rained so hard today that the barn where I have my studio became flooded with water as well as my studio. The storm that passed through came with such a vengeance that the pasture for the horses looked like a lake and then the quiet creek flooded over its banks and made its way to the barn. It will be rubber boots weather for awhile. The creek will continue to rise with water run off from the surrounding mountains. The hilltops are green and so is the valley floor as rain continues to fall.  I think in a previous post I mentioned not being ready for the season's change. Now you know why! The winter storm has made for, "A Painting Day".

"Hilltop" 6x6 inches, acrylic on panel by Ruth Andre sold

1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

I love this color combination and and the texture. I'm sorry to hear about your studio and barn flooding. I hope you will get a break from the rain soon!